Thursday, June 19, 2014

New Poem by D. D. "Telling My Secrets Too You

Telling My Secrets Too You

Alone on an old shaky wooden dock
At the edge of the old farm pond
Where I once was a child until I grew
Into a young woman that no boy knew

Though a few tried, none got through
Well except for one, when I was twenty two
Five years and one daughter later,
He was gone, with someone new
  
I've come back to this old dock once again
To rethink my youth, and talk to a friend
A big old tabby, who I knew as a kitten
One who’s always been there both now and then

She listens without comment
Except for an occasional mew
No matter if I tell her
Something shocking or new

Even when I tell her of
My making love to you
She rubs her face against my hand
Telling me that she understands

She does not judge me
Because you are another girl
She returns my love and affection
Just as you did when I was with you

My time has come to leave this pond
For one last and final time
But I won’t leave you behind this time,
Come and live with me old friend of mine

It’s time for you to meet
This new friend of mine
I know you won’t mind
If we cuddle you all the time

But you have to give us our time
For our kitties like to cuddle
And play from time to time
Just like two kittens with a ball of yarn

By: D. D.

©June 19, 2014
Suzy Q. Stories Publishing
P.O. Box 143, North Chili, NY 14514
All Rights Reserved








No comments:

Post a Comment