Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Lost in a Wistful Dream

Lost in a wistful dream
As I sit curled up
In an old wicker chair,
Beneath an old shedding, tree.

White eyelet and lace,
Has replaced the all black.
As I watch fall hued leaves,
Drift into my special place.

My thoughts drift toward
You and this space we once shared.
With you no longer here
I feel nothing but deep despair.

My heart is filled with pain,
Without the touch of your body
Tight against mine, or simply
The feel of your hand in mine

Time may heal this pain that I feel,
But will it ever, just once reveal
The reason why you chose to end
Your life that to me was so real.








This is for all of us who has ever lost a friend or a friend of a friend through the taking of their own life.
This is not where I expected this picture to take me, as I began to write, but this is what flowed out of my heart.
Love D. D.

©June 3, 2014
D. D.
Suzy Q. Stories Publishing







No comments:

Post a Comment