Wednesday, March 19, 2014

More Than a Pen Name to Me

More than a Pen Name to Me

Who the hell am I today?
Better yet who do I want to be?
Do I want to be me?
Or do I want to be DD?

Me who holds a pair of 6’s
Or Dee who is perpetually a pair of 3’s
I know in my mind, who I want to be,
And for sure it is not me.

I want to be forever thirty three.
An out of the closet lesbian,
With a partner and friend for life;
That is who I so yearn to be.

Reality keeps slipping back in,
Old enough to remember one Cold War
Old enough to remember one Hot War
I’m sick of war, cold or hot, no more war.

D.D. is the best drug I have ever known
And I have known and still know too many.
All legal in this day and age,
D.D. is the drug that keeps me sane.

So bare with me my friends
While I live in my life of fantasy
For me I don’t really want to be,
D. D. is so much more than a Pen Name to me.

© March 19, 2014
D.D.

Suzy Q. Publishing

No comments:

Post a Comment